One Direction -->

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Why Mr. Roehl Should be my School Volleyball Coach

Author's Note: I am writing this piece on why I should get Mr. Roehl as a school volleyball coach this year. My focus is only using commas when necessary and my introduction technique.

I got it! Up goes the ball. Another pass, set, spike. The end of tryouts is slowly starting to approach. Have I done enough? The last ball comes over the net and I give a nice pass to the setter, who gives me a perfect set. Left, Right, Left, I say in my head. As I jump in the air, I hit the ball as hard as I can and it lands in the middle of the court on the other side. Was he impressed? Everyone who plays volleyball at Asa Clark should be able to have Mr. Roehl for a coach

If you want to become good at a sport you have to train with a good coach. One that pushes you harder then you think you can be pushed. One that is amazing in the sport. One that enjoys both playing and coaching. To have a good coach is the goal of every athlete around the world. A good coach knows what they are doing and knows the different abilities of all the players on the team, so they can place them properly on the court. A good coach has to be good at the sport and know their team well.

With all the different rotations and the hundreds of different rules, volleyball can be really confusing. That being said the coach of the team needs to be aware of these while their team is playing on the court. If they want to move players around on the court they have to be sure they aren't taking them out of rotation which could give the other team a point. A good coach has to know all the rules of the sport, so they are able to adjust plays if they need to.

Some people may argue that Mr. Roehl's expectations are too high for them. If you are playing volleyball simply for pleasure and the experience maybe Mr. Roehl isn't the right coach. Mr. Roehl likes to push his players to their full potential and if you don't want to be pushed and are just playing volleyball for fun then you might not want him as a coach. Some people think that volleyball is just a fun sport while in reality, it's one of the hardest sports there is. When you play volleyball even if it's just for fun, you still need to be pushed in order to be good at the sport in order to become good.

One of the most famous coaches in United States history was Vince Lombardi. He coached the Green Bay Packers for eight years and led the team to five championships. Vince Lombardi once said, " Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate." This is a coach who knows all their players strengths and weaknesses and is able to keep them excited and concentrated the whole game. Mr. Roehl is a perfect example of a coach like this. That is why I hope I get to have him as my coach for school volleyball.


"Vince Lombardi Quotes - BrainyQuote." Famous Quotes at BrainyQuote. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2012. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/v/vince_lombardi.html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hearts Multi Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
One DirectionOne DirectionLouis Tomlinson - One Direction