One Direction -->

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Victory

Author's Note: Today when I was trying to think of a topic for my poem I was looking out the window. I saw the land behind the school where there are sometimes cross country meets for high school. I decided to take that thought and write a poem about the feeling of victory. My focus is voice.

Hitting the hardest serve,
Leaping that final hurdle,
Making the winning shot,
Winning the game for your team,
That's the feeling of victory.

Hitting a home run,
Kicking the winning goal,
Crossing the finish line,
Finally winning everything.
That's the feeling of victory.

Making the best team,
Passing the hardest test,
Having the highest score,
Being the best out of everyone.
That's the feeling of victory.

1 comment:

  1. i like the author's note almost more than the poem in a way. The reason is not because the poem is bad, but because there is this moment in the author's note when I can see you looking out the window, I can picture you in my mind's eye, and I want to know what you felt, what images came to your mind when you were there. That's what poetry does for us; it helps convey things that otherwise have no words to communicate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Free Hearts Multi Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
One DirectionOne DirectionLouis Tomlinson - One Direction