One Direction -->

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Hunger Games

Author's Note: I just finished reading the book : The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. One of the things I loved most about the book is the relationship between Katniss and her sister Prim. It reminded me of the relationship between my sister and I, and how happy I am to have her. That's what I decided to write about in my poem. My focus is voice.

Olivia and I


Running through the field,
Laughing as we hold hands
Not caring who sees me,
As I play with my sister,
My best friend.

Never one without the other,
That's how we've always been.
She will always be there for me.
My best friend

As we start to grow older,
We become too stubborn,
But no matter how much we fight,
She will always be,
My best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love this poem; it is sweet, direct, and clear about the emotion you want to convey. At the same time, there is discipline to the structure. You should share this with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this piece because this is true with my sister as well, even though me and my sister fight we still love each other. I think that anyone with a sister can relate to this. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete

Free Hearts Multi Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
One DirectionOne DirectionLouis Tomlinson - One Direction