One Direction -->

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Savior

Author's Note: After doing word association, I picked this as my topic. I decided to try using a new kind of poetry so I used the Diamante structure. In the Diamante structure, you start out by writing about a subject, then change to writing about the antonym. I focused on voice.

Jesus
Perfect, Holy
Redeeming, Saving, Loving
Mighty, Good, Serpent, Tempter
Hating Deceiving, Disobeying
Angry, Evil
Satan

"Nashville Scene." Nashville Scene. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Oct. 2011. <http://nashvillescene.com>.

5 comments:

  1. Abbi, I think that this is a really good poem! It is easy to tell that your faith is important to you, and you used great describing words, which are important in diamontes. The only punctual error is that I think you missed a coma in between hating and deceiving. Otherwise, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you made the topic something very personal and important to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an amazing piece. I loved how sort of like switched to opposites, and the first and last word are like exactly opposite. This was a cool piece, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to have that picture as my background.
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the topic you chose for this poem. A diamante really fits these two opposites. I thought that your description and vocabulary was amazing as well. I liked the visual too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Free Hearts Multi Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
One DirectionOne DirectionLouis Tomlinson - One Direction