One Direction -->

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Survival

Author's Note: I started this piece while I was at the Milwaukee Public Museum, in the Rainforest exhibit. I focused on voice in this piece.

Fear of what will happen next
Scared of the world around you
Running,
Chasing,
Hiding,
Insecure in your home

Never having enough to eat
Looking, but finding none
Hunting,
Nothing,
Starving,
Always hungry

All alone all the time
Nowhere to go
Waiting,
Crying,
Hurting,
Left to die, by yourself

Then you look up
You see the sun
Hoping,
Praying,
Wishing,
A friend is there


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I loved this. I like how you kept that same pattern going through each stanza. I thought you were so creative and I had a picture in my head as I read through it. Nice job taking in your experience at the museum and putting it into something special. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Free Hearts Multi Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
One DirectionOne DirectionLouis Tomlinson - One Direction